GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS
The Avon Education Foundation provides support for creative and innovative programs and opportunities in public and community education for Avon learners of all ages.
Through close collaboration with the Avon Public Schools and Avon municipal departments, the Foundation promotes and enhances excellence in education and provides independent financial resources for educational initiatives.
2017-2018 ACADEMIC YEAR
Grant Submission Deadlines
FALL – Cycle 1
The third Friday in October - Deadline for all Grant Applications
Early December - Grant Committee Notifies Grant Applicants
SPRING – Cycle 2
The second Friday in April - Deadline for all Grant Applications
Early June - Grant Committee Notifies Grant Applicants
Grant Submission Instructions
Who is eligible to apply?
- Teachers, administrators, and other school professionals in the Avon Public Schools.
- Other educational providers in municipal departments.
- The Foundation encourages collaboration between students of all ages and abilities, parents, school professionals and/or community organizations.
- The Project Director must be an employee of the Town of Avon, the Avon Public Schools or the Avon Free Public Library.
What are the grant criteria?
When applying for a grant, the Foundation will review the following criteria:
Is the program innovative?
- Is it a change, expansion, adaptation, enhancement, improvement, challenge, risk, “out-of-box” thinking, or a new technique for learning?
Does the program have broad impact?
- Does it benefit a significant number of students, teachers, parents, administrators, and/or community members?
Does the program have educational merit?
- To what extent does the grant proposal enrich the curriculum and does the proposal support the goals and curriculum objectives, and the educational values of the Avon Public Schools or other educational objectives?
Is it sustainable?
- Will the program be able to sustain itself or be replicated after initial funding?
What types of grants are available?
Eligible educational providers may apply for the following:
- Funds up to $1,000 to educators for enrichment projects or programs and the associated equipment and materials
- Funds of more than $1,000 for novel programs which support multidisciplinary projects, and/or collaborative grade level, school level, and community projects
Founders’ Fund Grant
- Funds have been reserved for previous grant recipients and their successors to update, improve or expand an existing program that previously received a mini grant or program grant.
How do I apply?
The grant applications are available online by clicking here.
When can I apply?
The Foundation accepts applications during a fall and a spring cycle.