WAYS TO GIVE
The Avon Education Foundation (AEF) is a 501(c)(3), non-profit, tax-exempt organization. This means that qualifying donations are tax-deductible as permitted by law. It also means that many employers will match your gift to the AEF, so please check to see if your company has a matching gift program.
Workplace Giving & Employer Matching Funds–More Bang for Your Buck!
Make your generous donation worth even more. Many companies give employees an opportunity to support the United Way through payroll deductions. Even if the AEF is not listed, you can designate some or all of your gift to go to the AEF by writing us in:Avon Education Foundation, P.O. Box 548, Avon, CT 06001 Phone: (860) 673-1011 EIN: 20-0944178 email: email@example.com
If you are pledging through the United Way Campaign/Central and Northeastern CT, the number for AEF is AG2676 when choosing “Other” specific non-profit organization.
Employers often match the gifts their employees make directly to non-profit organizations, too, and some match donations by spouses/domestic partners and by retirees. Some companies will even “match” volunteer hours with dollars as well. These programs go by a variety of names. See some examples by clicking here. To support innovative educational programs in Avon, check with your employer and your spouse’s to see if they will match your gift of money or time to the Avon Education Foundation.
Gifts of Cash
The simplest way to give is an unrestricted gift so that your donation will be used where it is needed most.
- Direct Donations – To make your tax deductible donation now online through Paypal, click here. You may also mail your donation: click here to get a General Donation form.
- Tribute Gifts - Consider tribute gifts for special life events and accomplishments of a treasured friend or family member. Use the occasion to share your passion for education in honor of the treasured person or special event. To make your tax deductible donation now online through Paypal, click here. You may also mail your Tribute Gift: click here to get a Tribute Gift form.
- C.H.E.E.R! for Education - Celebrate and Honor Exceptional EducatoRs - Say thank you to a special teacher, administrator or other friend of education. To make your tax deductible donation now online through Paypal, click here. You may also mail your C.H.E.E.R! Award: click here to get a C.H.E.E.R! Award form.
- Another Brick in the Walk - Create a lasting memory honoring families, students, graduates and businesses. Engraved bricks will be installed in the walkway at the student drop off entrance to Avon High School. Learn more by clicking here.
- Founders’ Fund - Donations to the Founders’ Fund are “restricted.” The funds are available to previous grant recipients and their successors to update, improve or expand an existing program that received grant funding from the Foundation. To donate, click here to get the Founders’s Fund Donation form.
Donate a Vehicle
If you have a vehicle you no longer need, consider donating it to the Avon Education Foundation. Click here to find out how.
Contact us for more information about these other ways to support Avon Education Foundation:
- Challenge Grant
- Gifts of Appreciated Securities, Closely Held Stock and Mutual Funds – These gifts can be beneficial to both you and the AEF.
- Estate Planning – Planned gifts are a great way to make a long-lasting and valuable contribution at a level you may not have thought possible, while taking advantage of current tax laws. You can also name the AEF in your will or living trust. Contact us and/or your tax advisor for more details.
For more information about making a gift or specific gift planning options, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.